APhA Immunization Training Certificate Program August 13th 2022
We are a licensed partner with APhA in providing the Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Certificate Training Program.
This site is for registration ONLY. In addition to the LIVE meetings you will be required to pass the home study online (you have 2 attempts) and the final exam online.
Call 718-488-1065 with any questions or concerns.
This course will provide a certificate that you will be able to print at home after completion. CPR is not required in advance to take this course but may be required for certification on your state.
The home study MUST be completed IN ADVANCE of the live course. The program consists of 2 parts: a self-study (12hrs credit) and a live training session (8 hrs credit). Participants are required to take exams at the end of each part and receive grades of at least 70% on both components in order to complete the course. APhA provides an Internet-based program for taking the exams using the website that will be accessible with the codes that will be e-mailed to you.
This would satisfy the minimal requirements for pharmacists to immunize in most states.
APhA’s Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery certificate training program (14th Edition) is based on national educational standards for immunization training from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This practice-based curriculum represents a fusion of science and clinical pharmacy. The program, which emphasizes a health care team approach, seeks to foster the implementation of interventions that will promote disease prevention and public health.
The purpose of this certificate training program is to prepare pharmacists with comprehensive knowledge, skills, and resources necessary to provide immunization services to patients across the life span
This site is for registration ONLY.
AGENDA for LIVE sessions
· Welcome, Introductions and Acknowledgements
· Program Overview
· The Importance of Vaccines and the Pharmacists Role in Vaccine Delivery
· How Do Vaccines Prevent disease?
· Vaccine-Preventable Diseases (Part I)
· Vaccine-Preventable Disease" (Part II)
· Identifying Vaccination Needs
· Vaccine Administration Technique
· Establishing a Pharmacy- Based Immunization
· Practice Implementation
· Adverse events Following Vaccination and Emergency Preparedness
· Transitional/Summary Remarks
Instructor: Prof. Fernando Gonzalez
APhA administers this activity and this site is for registration ONLY
Once you register for the course you will then get an email from APhA with the materials for pre-work.
Instructors: Prof. Fernando Gonzalez;
No conflicts of interest
all done by APhA and through their website (pharmacist.com)
- 20.00 ACPEThe Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.