Beta-Lactam Allergy: An Overview and Stewardship Strategies
Learn about pharmacists' expanding role on this important topic.
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
1)List different types of drug hypersensitivity
2) Describe the risks for cross-reactivity between beta-lactams and strategies to avoid ADRs
3) Discuss penicillin and cephalosporin allergy testing
4) Discuss graded drug challenge v. desensitization
5) Discuss antimicrobial stewardship strategies to address drug allergies- allergy assessment, skin test, documentation
Wonhee So, PharmD, BCPS,BCDIP
Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Long Island University College of Pharmacy, Brooklyn NY
No conflicts of interest exist with this presenter
ACPE UAN 0042-0000-21-003-H01-P
- 1.50 ACPEThe Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.