Legislative and Regulatory Issues Affecting Pharmacy in NY – Update June 2023: ASCP
June 6, 2023
At the completion of the activity, the participant will be able to:
- Review the current Law allow to allow Pharmacists to administer Long - Acting Injectable medications used to treat mental health and substance use disorder (SUD) and the proposed Bill to amend the education law related to sight of injection and prescriber notification.
- Review proposed legislation in relation to collaborative practice medicine adherence protocols (CPMA) and the current CDTM Law in NY and how it would affect NYS Pharmacists.
- Review proposed legislation that would include NYS Pharmacists as qualified healthcare professionals to order and administer CLIA waived tests and how this differs from the current Law for CLIA waived testing.
- Discuss the new Law that allows NYS Pharmacists to dispense self administered hormonal contraceptives through a standing order by a physician or nurse practitioner.
- Review the current regulations related to the use of automated dispensing systems (ADS) at certain facilities and the proposed Bills to amend the current regulations.
Embassy Suites-Destiny USA
311 Hiawatha Blvd W
ACPE UAN #
- 1.00 ACPEThe Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.