Pharmacological Approaches to Weight Loss
This was presented live in January 2022.
In order to receive credit you must watch the video then complete the online evaluation & quiz.
After registration, watch the video then complete the evaluation and the quiz to claim credit.
At the completion of the activity, the participant will be able to:
1. Describe the physiologic processes involved in obesity
2. Describe the differences between the various methods used to screen and diagnosis overweight and obese patients
3. Describe the multimodal approach of weight management in adults, including surgery, pharmacologic, and lifestyle modifications
4. Identify the pharmacologic properties of medications used to manage overweight and obese adults
5. Describe a comprehensive treatment and monitoring plan for overweight and obese patients
Dr. Kate Meyer received her doctorate of pharmacy from Rosalind Franklin University. She completed her PGY-1 residency training from North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, NY. Dr. Meyer is currently completing a PGY-2 ambulatory care pharmacy residency at The Brooklyn Hospital Center in Brooklyn, NY. Her clinical interests include cardiology and family medicine.
Dr Meyer has no conflicts of interest with the activity content.
ACPE UAN # 0042-0000-21-044-H01-P
- 1.00 ACPEThe Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.