Polypharmacy in Persons with HIV: Interventions for Pharmacists PSSNY 7pm to 8pm
September 25, 2022
At the completion of the activity, the participant will be able to:
- State the difference between the role of aging in PWH with those without HIV.
- Describe the Beers Criteria and list common medications to be avoided in aging PWH.
- List 5 scenarios where pharmacists can intervene in aging PWH.
- Identify resources for drug interactions, side effects, and changes in drug metabolism that can be used in PWH.
Zoom link will be sent to you directly through email
- John J. Faragon, PharmD, BCPS, AAHIVP
- Dr. Faragon completed his Doctor of Pharmacy Degree from Albany College of Pharmacy in 2000, followed by an Ambulatory Care/Adult Learning residency in conjunction with Altamont Internal Medicine/Pediatrics and Albany College of Pharmacy.
- Dr. Faragon is currently the Regional Pharmacy Director for the Northeast Caribbean AIDS Education and Training Center, as well as a Pharmacist at Albany Medical Center Hospital.
- He has developed several curricula and training guides on the topic of drug interactions. His consulting services are a valuable asset for the AETC and he has become an avid lecturer throughout the Northeast Region.
ACPE UAN # 0042-9999-22-031-L02-P
- 1.00 ACPEThe Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.