Practical Approach to Type 2 Diabetes Management in Outpatient Setting PSSNY November 6th
At the completion of the activity, the participant will be able to:
• Describe the role of SGLT2 inhibitors in diabetic patients with additional disease states
• Recognize a place in therapy of GLP-1 receptor agonists in diabetic patients
• Define the role of tirzepatide in diabetic patients with elevated BMI
• Identify the difference between basal and prandial insulins and their dose adjustment
• Review the management of hypoglycemia in patients on insulin
Zoom link will be sent to you directly through email
Yuliana Toderika, BS, PharmD, Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice at
Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (LIU Pharmacy), Clinical Pharmacy Manager, Ambulatory Care: Montefiore Medical Group.
Dr.Yuliana Toderika received her B.S. in Chemistry from Wagner College and Pharm.D. from Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences in 2010. She went to complete ASHP-accredited PGY-1 and PGY-2 in Geriatrics at Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center. Currently she is precepting students and pharmacy residents for ambulatory care rotation at Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx. Her areas of specialty include diabetes, hypertension, geriatrics, anticoagulation and transitions of care.
ACPE UAN # 0042-9999-22-038-L01-P
- 2.00 ACPEThe Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.