Preventing High Risk Medication Errors in Older Adults: PSSNY October 13th 8:45 AM to 9:45 AM
At the completion of the activity, the participant will be able to:
1. List High Risk Medications that have the potential to cause patient harm, even when prescribed, dispensed, and administered correctly.
2. Lead a facility’s Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement Committee in medication error prevention.
3. Complete a comprehensive report of a medication error to identify breakdown points and lines of defense in medication management.
4. Support the voluntary reporting of medication errors in a non-punitive environment to minimize the recurrence of medication related events
Zoom Link will be sent to you day before the event via Email.
Nancy L. Losben, R.Ph., CCP, FASCP, CG
Nancy Losben is a Consultant Pharmacist and Senior Director, Quality Long Term Care for Omnicare, a CVS Health company, a pharmacy services provider serving over 1.5 million long term care
admissions annually. Her work experiences include retail, hospital, infusion and long term care pharmacy operations. She was the Chair of the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists (ASCP) Foundation from 2013 to November 2018. A certified consultant pharmacist, Ms. Losben also holds certificates in gerontology, pharmacist liability, and pharmacy regulations. In November, 2016, Nancy received the ASCP President’s Award from in Dallas TX, for her work on the Antibiotic Stewardship Taskforce and the completion of the ASCP Antimicrobial Stewardship Toolkit. In March, 2011, Nancy received the Volunteer of the Year Award from the American Medical Directors Association. In November, 2010, Ms. Losben received the ASCP Richard S. Berman Leadership Award for her dedication to the Society and in May, 2001, Nancy received the Eli Lilly/ACSP Excellence in Education Award in Washington, D.C. for her work in educating pharmacists on long term care resident assessment. She was awarded the Quality Services award by Genesis Healthcare the same year.
She holds a pharmacy degree from Temple University in Philadelphia and has completed a consultant pharmacist board certification sponsored by Rutgers University.
Nancy lives in Cherry Hill, New Jersey with her husband, Stuart, and is fortunate enough to live in the same town as her daughter, a healthcare compliance attorney, had her family.
ACPE UAN #
- 1.00 ACPEThe Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.