The Role of HIV Treatment in Weight Gain: What’s the Skinny? PSSNY 7pm to 8pm
December 11, 2022
At the completion of the activity, the participant will be able to:
- List the preferred regimens for HIV on current DHHS and IAS-USA Guidelines.
- Describe the role of HIV treatment on weight changes.
- Identify the role of medications used in HIV treatment that may be implicated in weight gain.
- List possible metabolic causes of weight gain and interventions for management.
Zoom link will be sent to you directly through email
- Holly Murphy, PharmD, BCPS, AAHIVP
- Holly Murphy, PharmD, is a board-certified clinical pharmacist and a practicing HIV pharmacotherapy specialist at Erie County Medical Center (ECMC). With many years of experience and specialized training, her expertise in HIV care ensures patients receive a personalized medication experience. She is located within the YOU Center for Wellness, where she assists patients with medication therapy management and medication adherence. Additionally, she facilitates continuity of care by working alongside the inpatient infectious disease team to treat persons living with HIV.
- Dr. Murphy is an adjunct professor for the State University of New York at Buffalo and a clinical preceptor for several universities. She routinely works in the community to provide education on HIV and its treatments, and has presented at national conferences as an expert on HIV. She is an HIV Champion for the Clinical Education Initiative through the New York State Department of Health, AIDS Institute, and collaborates with various state and national organizations to help improve care for persons living with HIV, not only in Western New York, but across the country as a whole.
ACPE UAN #
- 1.00 ACPEThe Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.